Sunday, 27 May 2012

I'ma Gamer!!!



I am a gamer who loves any type of genre; real time strategy, first person shooter, third person shooter, top down shooter, racing, role playing game, online games, adventure, arcade... the whole lot. I am a gamer who enjoys satisfaction through any form, whether it be profits, blow stuff up, getting a rare item or earning an achievement. Realistic graphics isn't something I look forward to games because I see it more of an art style, just like arcade games like the old dungeons crawlers or Terraria, and the cartoon style like Torchlight and Team Fortress 2.

A couple months back, me and my friends Nathan, Joseph and sometimes daniel would go onto our computer and have a multiplayer game. We mostly play (ultra nerd title) Supreme Commander 2. It is a RTS game where the goal is to build a base and army to destroy your opponents base and army. We always team up against 1 AI that we think we would lose against. WHY!? Because we like our bases getting crippled, if it wasn't, we would have an indestructible force which would be very boring.
Like on our first match against a hard AI, I was first in line to encounter it because the way the map was set up was it had to go through each one of us if using a land force in which he was, then Joseph, then Nathan at the far end. As soon as I got over run, I retreated to Nathan's and help him reinforce his base. This match was fun because it was challenging and there was a sense of fear of completely losing.

As our gaming matches continued over the several weeks, some would creep into the early morning on the next day, turning our minds. Many interesting events have happened. One of them, I turned into a song. First you must know a bit of the game, in order to build a base, there is a unit called the engineer which builds buildings, increases production of units and heals them. okay! now you can understand my story, what happened is in the middle of the match, Daniel stated "Engy, why are you so small?" Because these units are quite small once you have a base and army up. I then broke into song with those exactly words... "Engy... Why are you so smaaaall, Engy, oh Engy... Why are you so smaall" and realising that it could be a pain to find the engy so I scream at one point "ENGY!!!" The singing went for an hour or so. It was quite humorous.
My friend Nathan has recently discovered a new way to insult, which was "Ass clown." It makes no sense, it's funny and somehow the word ass and clown seems to have fused.

When we're feeling a bit... bored or fighting an AI, we unexpectedly launch a nuke to each other's base... whilst being on the same team =)

Enough about the Supreme Commander stories! Time to move on! As we will be moving away from Supreme Commander and onto Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2! We cannot wait till' these release, we believe it's gonna be memorial and one epic journey of greatness, laughter, and plain stupidity. I believe my friend Nathan is going to be an elementalist as he loves the ranged brute power of flashiness, I aim to be a Guardian and keep the buffs on my team... or not and watch the whole team fail... LEEROY!!!

EDIT 31/05/2012: I just had another late/early morning gaming session... highlight was quite interesting.
Daniel said "Are you watching the amazing race? They're eating balut!"
Nathan "What did he say?"
Me saying what I thought he said "They're eating Mulan"
Nathan "hahaha! what!? She'll bring honour to us all"


No comments:

Post a Comment