Thursday, 24 May 2012

HTML Website

Hey,

I have created my HTML website about the work I have done for my body of work during the Higher School Certificate for Visual Arts.

The website is broken into 5 pages. The home page which is an introduction to what my website is about. The About page is a brief explanation myself. Process is a small presentation of my initial ideas, what went through my mind, and the last thoughts towards the project. The Gallery shows off a few scanned images from my visual arts diary in the form of a table, and the links page is where people can navigate to my Blogspot, Flickr and Delicious page.

Whilst creating this website, I have learned how to create tables, insert images, create and maintain a CSS file and using it to change the font style, size and colour of specific text such as Header 1, Header 2 and Paragraph, changing the colour of the background, laying out the website using certain tags, link to other pages and websites and how to add a hit counter onto the website.

The things I have learned are how to separate different contents using the <DIV> tag, I used this for the images on the home page and the about page.  Adding a link to the images that are in the gallery that directs to a new page of the selected picture enlarged. I have also learned how to add a hit counter onto my website and how to use the CSS file to customise the look of my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment